There.com Flash Update
In January 2021, Microsoft discontinued security updates and support for Adobe Flash Player. The 3-D virtual world There is a Flash-based game. Microsoft released an update containing a kill switch for Flash resulting in the loss of several game features in There. To enjoy full gameplay in There, a member can download Flash 10.1 and the missing game features will return to normal. The user must understand the security risks involved with the continued use of Adobe Flash.
What are the game features that no longer work in There with the loss of Flash?
- Action Bar
- Card Tables
- Change Me
- Fun Finder
- Message Notifications
- Accepting Therebucks Confirmation
- Accepting Items Confirmation
- Change Layout Confirmation
- Clear Layout Confirmation
- Coin Outcome Display
- Dice Outcome Display
- Event Notification
- Instant Messaging
- Shortcut Bar
- Teleport Screen
- Trade Window
- Volume Controls
How can I get the Flash features to work again in There?
Microsoft’s update removed Flash from the user’s system. Thereians will need to reinstall Flash in order to gain access to all of the game features in the virtual world. Members will need to understand the security risks involved with using Flash now that Microsoft no longer offers security updates and support. Flash version 10.1 is the suggested replacement. The recommended version 10.1 is an older version of Flash that is compatible with all of the game features in There and does not include the kill switch update. It is recommended to run the Adobe Flash uninstaller prior to installing Flash 10.1.
How do I uninstall old versions of Flash on my computer?
There is a possibility that old versions of Flash may still be on your computer even after Microsoft’s update to remove Flash. It is important to remove any trace of other versions of Flash from your computer prior to installing Flash 10.1.
How do I uninstall Flash 10.1 on my computer?
- Stop any running programs which use Flash, including Internet Explorer.
- Use Firefox or Chrome to Download and run the Flash Uninstaller
- Follow the uninstaller instructions
- Reboot your computer
How do I install Flash 10.1 on my computer?
- Stop any running programs which use Flash, including Internet Explorer
- Use Firefox or Chrome to Download and run the Flash 10.1 Installer
- Follow the installer instructions
- Reboot your computer
- Log into There and enjoy all of the Flash-based game features
Please report any technical bugs or segmentation violations to Staff by emailing Feedback@thereinc.com. Include your Avatar name, description of the issue and attach any crashdump files to your email.