Dress your Avatar up in your favorite animal costume and hop up on the runway to win Dog Days of Summer gifts. Join other fashionistas in the Virtual World There on Sunday, July 25th at the Animal Fashion Show.
The Animal Style Fashion Show will start at 4:00 PM Pacific on Sunday afternoon. Arrive at the event and read the rules. Change into your animal costume and walk the fashion runway when the Emcee calls your name. Emote, twirl or sit and look pretty as you tell the audience about your animal outfit of choice. As you exit the fashion stage roll the dice to be entered to win several fun animal prizes.
Models and spectators are welcome at the event. Models take a seat in the front row of the fashion stage. Spectators can cheer folks on from the second row.
Sign up for the Animal Style Fashion Show in There during the Dog Days of Summer event.
The Dog Days of Summer are H-O-T in There.com! A wild pack of canines have invaded a backyard pool in the Mahalo Neighborhood to cool off. They’ve been living it up having fun swimming and splashing around while the homeowner was away on vacation in the Tiki Islands.
Upon returning, the homeowner discovered the doggy disaster in their backyard. As you can imagine, the pool filtration system started backing up from all of the dog fur. Their efforts to coax ten pups out of the pool in order to clean it were unsuccessful. The homeowner frantically called all of the local pool cleaning services in the Virtual World There and left several messages for an emergency pool appointment. Your boss at Wicked Clean Pool Service has contacted you to take the cleaning and dog removal appointment on Thursday, July 16th at 6:00 PM Pacific.
The pool cleaning service you work for will not be the only local Thereian pool company to show up for the job. You’ll have to go up against other pool boy/girl competitors to win the job site bid. The customer expects the job to be done quick! If you can remove all ten pups from the pool in 60 seconds or less you’ll receive a Top Dog Puppy Pal prop as payment for a job well-done. The pool boy/girl who can coax all ten dogs out in the fastest amount of time will win a special 2020 Dog Days of Summer buggy.
Only twenty-five pool boys/girls will be able to compete for the job site. Spectators are welcome to lounge in the patio furniture on the deck and watch the shenanigans unfold. All competitors will receive a special gift. Read the rules at the start of the event and listen to the instructions from the Event Host and Co-Hosts.
Pups in the Pool has been brought to you by the Dog Days of Summer Events.
Mark your calendar for Saturday, July 18th. The evening is going to the DOGS! Dress in your fanciest attire and attend the PAWS For A Cause Fundraiser Gala Event in the Virtual World There.com. Enjoy music, dancing, card games and meeting new friends at the fundraiser.
There will be five special dog Auctions during the Gala to help raise money for future themed-event gifts and prizes. Two retired dogs and three rare canines will be available for adoption. Can you provide a doggy a loving home?
If you already have a pack of dogs in your ThereHouse, instead of adopting another dog you can help support There Themed Events by purchasing a PAWS For A Cause Fundraiser shirt. Available in Fido for men and Fifi for women.
Attend the PAWS For A Cause Gala Event and receive a special Dog Days of Summer gift! Stand in line at the gala giveaway booth to receive a Fido Puppy Pal or a Fifi Puppy Pal. Enjoy one free blue lagoon fancy drink from the bar. Giveaway gifts available while supplies last during the event.
The PAWS For A Cause Gala event was brought to you by the Dog Days of Summer in the Virtual World There.
Take your virtual dog to the puppy park in There.com. During the Dog Days of Summer events there are puppy play dates scheduled every day for the next two weeks. Bring your pup out to the park and meet new friends online. You can find Puppy Play and other Dog Agility events scheduled at Zona Puppy Park and other dog parks throughout the Virtual World There.
Train your virtual dog and level up in the Dog Handler Skill. You can train your dog using the following commands:
Get your cooped up dog out of the house and out to the park or beach in There. Sign up for Dog Days of Summer events through July 28th.
Who let the dogs out?! The Dog Days of Summer event has started in the Virtual World There.com. With so many dogs running around the islands the cats have been a little stressed out. Gather your feline friends and find sanctuary at the Cracked Out Cats event on Thursday, July 16th.
Cracked is a competitive vocabulary word game played in There. Players are challenged to race against the clock to come up with high scoring words in order to beat their opponent. Players pass around an egg timer. When the round is over a little chick bursts out of the egg and the person holding it is docked points.
Game play will start 10 minutes after the event begins. Watch the Zone IM box for the Event Host to announce the start of game play. The object is to play as many games as you can during the event to increase your score. Read the official Cracked Rules to learn about scoring and how to change the game table options.
All event attendees will receive free kitten ears for their Avatar to wear. The cool cat with the highest score will win a large cat and mice hoverboat.
Sign up for the feline-friendly Cracked Out Cats event. NO DOGS ALLOWED!
Join forces with Team Saja or Team Tyr to battle it out in the saga of good versus evil. The Tyr vs Saja Photo Challenge is a competitive event held during the There Is Feudal theme in the Virtual World There. Pledge your allegiance to Saja or Tyr and complete the photo challenge on your own or with friends.
MISSION: Tyr vs Saja Photo Challenge – Thursday, July 2nd at 8:00 PM EST
At the start of the event, teleport to Pocket’s Paintball Park to begin your mission. Before you lies two separate paths to adventure. The quest on the left leads to the land of Saja. The quest on the right leads to the land of Tyr. You must choose wisely.
On your mission you will travel to 3 different spots in the Virtual World There. Follow the photo challenge instructions at each quest clue to discover the next photo shoot location. You will need to provide photographic evidence of your journey and prove your allegiance to the team.
You may choose to do a solo-mission or join forces with your chosen team to accept the Tyr vs Saja Photo Challenge. You have a span of two hours to complete your mission to earn points for Team Saja or Team Tyr. During the competitive team event, click on the Saja or Tyr Quest clue to get started. Answer the quest clue to depart to your first photo location. Follow the quest clues to complete the Tyr vs Saja Photo Challenge.
The object of the Tyr vs Saja Photo Challenge is to earn the most points for your team. Each member of the highest scoring team will earn a special prize. In order to be eligible for the special team prize, you’ll need to register your Avatar name by completing the Saja Quest or the Tyr Quest in addition to submitting your entry by email for the photo challenge.
-Earn 3 points for your team by entering the photo challenge.
-Earn 2 points for every successfully completed photo task.
-Earn 1 point for every Avatar present in your photo.
- You must dress accordingly to your alliance for each photo. Find an outfit in Auctions and either purchase it or use the Try-It option for free.
- You must email your three photos to Feedback@thereinc.com with the following information:
-Email Subject: Saja vs Tyr
-Your Avatar Name
-Your Team – Saja or Tyr
-Attach Your 3 Photos
DO NOT post your photos to Facebook. They will be featured in a There blog post and highlighted on the official There Facebook page.
The Professional Photographer Award will be given to the participant with the best overall photo during the mission. The winner of this award will receive a RLX Green Turbo Hoverbike or a Flying Machine Hoverboat.
To be considered for this prestigious award, all 3 of your photo submissions must fit the following criteria:
- Photo must be clear of chat bubbles and name tags.
- Compass, menus and IM windows must be turned off or minimized.
- Desktop screen grabs must be edited. Remove your computer background. Crop out any There menus.
- There must be something funny, creative or interesting happening in the photo. It could also be a large group photo of either Team Saja or Team Tyr.
***YOU CAN PLAY FOR BOTH TEAMS! Do the photo quest for Saja and send in an entry. Do the photo quest for Tyr and send in a separate entry. Invite your friends along and encourage them to enter the photo challenge too.
PHOTO TASK EXAMPLES
Team Saja Photo Task #1
Team Saja Photo Task #2
Team Saja Photo Task #3
Team Tyr Photo Task #1
Team Tyr Photo Task #2
Team Tyr Photo Task #3
ANNOUNCEMENT- There.com has updated their Virtual World Developer Submission Guidelines and added a new Offensive Item Policy and Harassment Resolution Outline. The Developer Program updates and addition of behavior guidelines are effective immediately. We have outlined and summarized the changes below. We strongly encourage you to read the articles in their entirety so that you can get a good understanding of the changes we’ve made to the There service.
The Terms of Service (TOS) agreement has remained the same. The copyright year and company contact information has been updated. We’ve added helpful and relative article links to the bottom of the TOS.
The following updates have been made to the Developer Submission Guidelines:
- Update to the Inappropriate Material paragraph.
- “No group attacks” and “No racist, homophobic, sexist, xenophobic, etc. materials are permitted” have been added to the Inappropriate Material’s list.
- Virtual items depicting the U.S. Confederate flag and other signs of oppression will no longer be accepted into the There Developer Program.
- The list of Designer objects deemed inappropriate has been updated.
- Cannabis and references to blood and gore are now permitted that There is an adult Virtual World with an age limit of 18+. (No minors are allowed to use our service.)
- The 3rd Offence Developer warning has been updated.
Here is a summary of the Offensive Item Policy:
- Any U.S. Confederate flag virtual object currently in-world will no longer be allowed to be listed in the Auctions. Any U.S. Confederate flag object must stay within the boundaries of a private Real Estate Zone owned by the holder of the virtual item.
- Members cannot use language/clothing/props/vehicles/documents/signs/activity flags in any new member landing area, any There-owned Zone or privately held member-owned Zone that are considered to be racist, homophobic, sexist, xenophobic, etc. towards any individual or group.
- Members will no longer be allowed to list “boycott (insert blank)” or “protest (insert blank)” props/clothing/vehicles/decorations in the Auctions.
- Members cannot hold/wear/drive “boycott” or “protest” virtual items in any There-owned Zone or private member-owned Zone. Members can wear these items in their own private Real Estate Zones or out in the wide-open spaces in There.
- Members can hold/wear/drive “protest” or “boycott” virtual items at a distance of 100 meters away from outside of a There-owned Zone or private member-owned Zone.
- Commitment to tolerance and equality in There statement.
Here is a summary of the Harassment Resolution Outline:
- Commitment to tolerance and equality in There statement.
- Clear outline of bad behavior and the steps Staff will take to enforce the Terms of Service.
- Three strikes you’re out policy. It includes two warnings and results in a hardware ban on the third offense.
- Clear steps to report harassment to There Staff.
- List of links to helpful resources.
We understand the updates to our current Developer Submission Guidelines and the addition of two new articles requires some lengthy reading. Our company appreciates you taking the time to read the documents and familiarize yourself with the most current and up-to-date behavior guidelines in the Virtual World There. We have created these updates and new additions with the intent to provide a safe environment with equal opportunity and rights for ALL Thereians.
Questions, comments and feedback can be emailed to There Staff at Feedback@thereinc.com.
Terms of Service (TOS)
Customer Service & Enforcement of the TOS
Terms of Service: Religious, Political & Controversial Issues and the Role of Customer Service
Terms of Service: Harassment Resolution Outline
Terms of Service: Offensive Items Policy
Developer Submission Guidelines
What To Do About Griefers